Monday, May 21, 2012

Day One

Yup...two posts within an hour. The first post was introductory, so now I have to talk about my first day. This will be short.

My workout of choice is Insanity. I figured if I'm going to commit, I may as well commit.

Holy. Freaking. Crap.

Insanity comes with many different DVDs, and a nine week calendar marking which day I'm supposed to do each DVD. They cycle through, and I never repeat the same DVD two days in a row. This is good...I have very little tolerance for boredom in a workout. This is part of the reason any workout attempts have failed in the past. I really miss the variety of sport workouts; working out with a volleyball team is completely different from running on a treadmill. I love the first, and I hate the second.

So today I popped in my little DVD and pushed play. Shaun T stands there, all ripped, and explains that this particular DVD is just a fitness test. I repeat this test every 2 weeks so I can track my progress, and see the improvement. I like this aspect of the workout, because it gives me specific numbers to target. But oh my goodness, did I ever get my ass kicked!!! Let me put this way: There is no way I could possibly do worse in two weeks than I did today. As I sit here writing this, my legs are still shaking.

I stretched, took a long hot shower, and I can still feel the soreness beginning.

Tomorrow's workout should be a joy.

LH

Random Fact: The word "nerd" was first coined by Dr. Seuss in "If I Ran a Zoo".


No comments:

Post a Comment