Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Update

Ok, so the whole "I'm going to blog six days a week" was a total lie. It was well intentioned, for sure, but the fact is that I just don't have the time to blog every day.

However, the workout plan hasn't changed, and I'm very proud of myself for getting through the first week successfully. I had sort of assumed that the soreness and stiffness would disappear after the first few days, like it did during volleyball preseason in high school. And it has definitely faded, to some extent. But I'm beginning to think that the slight muscle aches may be something I just live with for a while.

The one weakness in Insanity (in my opinion) is the cool down session. There is not nearly enough stretching to keep me walking the next day. Once I figured that out, I added about 15 more minutes of stretching on to the end, and I've been much happier ever since. I would seriously recommend this for anyone attempting this workout; you may save yourself several days of agony.

I am not going to lie and say that I am enjoying this. In fact, it totally sucks. I've always wanted to be one of those people who craves exercise, who can practically replace their morning coffee with a brisk jog. I'm not. Maybe after two full months of kicking my butt into gear every day, I will become one. But for now, it takes a lot of self control to NOT collapse on the couch immediately after coming home from work. After a ten hour day of work, and an hour commute, spending another hour exhausting myself before I can relax is the last thing I want to do. But I keep telling myself that it WILL BE WORTH IT.

And if I'm not in serious shape by the end of July, I'm never working out again.

LH

2 comments:

  1. eh, don't worry about blogging every day if you can work out every day. I'm impressed and waiting for your inspiration to eek onto me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ummm... it's been over a week since your last post. Can we assume the Inspirations to Healthy have waned? Or just your blogging?

    ReplyDelete