Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Just a Recipe

Just so you all know, Tuesdays are my 1 day of 7 that I will not be working out. The schedule calls for the day off to be Sunday, but Tuesday works better with my schedule. Which is why I didn't blog yesterday.

I just wanted to share a quick recipe that I stumbled across last night, because I was hungry, and had all of the ingredients on hand. It just kind of fell together. 

I cooked up a spaghetti squash first. For those of you who don't know what spaghetti squash is, it is a very mild (almost tasteless) squash that looks like spaghetti when it is all cooked up and scooped out. To cook it, I simply cut it in half (the short way), scoop out the guts and seeds (I sometimes roast and salt the seeds),  place them upside down in a microwavable glass dish, cover it very tightly with plastic wrap, and throw it in the microwave for 10 to 15 minutes, until it is soft to the touch. Then I scoop it out into a bowl. Ta da! A vegetable instead of pasta.

Last night, I was craving something fresh and summery, so I roasted a package of grape tomatoes in a pan (cut in half, fry in a little olive oil, cut side down for several minutes), and tossed them with the squash, fresh basil, a hunk of goat cheese (mix while the pasta/squash is very hot so it melts in), and grated parmsan on top. 

So. Good. 

I'm off to eat lunch...if I can make it downstairs. My legs are in agony.

LH 

No comments:

Post a Comment